Look what's in store!!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

CROP FOR A CAUSE - January 15th - The Lanford's

As 2011 nears, I began to think about how I could make a difference. So I came up with "CROP FOR A CAUSE" - a monthly event where paper crafters can gather to catch up on good times, projects, and make new friends. A $10 donation is requested, but not required. All donations from the event go to the monthly cause.

In January, I am going to start out with the Lanfords. On November 10th Chad, 32, lost his valiant struggle with brain cancer leaving behind his wife and their two daughters (8 and 6). Skye, Chad's wife, is always thinking of ways to ease the lives of those around her, even while hers is changing forever. She would like to brighten the hospice in Wake County, North Carolina where her husband spent the last months of his life on Earth. You can read more about the Lanfords at http://www.thelanfords.com/. They are a fantastic family.

CROP FOR A CAUSE - January 15th any time from 10am to 10pm. Light snacks, lunch and dinner will be available. I will also have my Cricut and cartridges, Close to My Heart stamps, inks, paper, Zutter (please bring your own rings), and other fun embellishments and goodies available.

It should be a good time. RSVP so I know how much food to have available. As always, children are welcome if you don't have other arrangements. Please keep in mind I do have an indoor/outdoor cat and a Cocker Spaniel - both are kind and gentle but spend a great deal of time inside (I am thinking about allergies).

For more information: http://www.meetup.com/Hodge-Podge-Scrapping-and-Crafting/calendar/15745071/

No comments:

Post a Comment